Have questions? We've compiled a list of our most frequently asked questions to help you along your job search.

How do I get started?

It’s simple. All you have to do is complete the contact form, or call us for any information concerning a traveling nurse or other healthcare job assignment.

Apply Online Here

You can download and complete all application materials from our website. Mail or fax the entire application (including three completed professional reference forms) with copies of other materials listed (eg, licenses, etc.). You can also complete an online application and skills checklist.

If you have any questions at any time during the start-up process, feel free to contact one of our skilled recruiters. They’ll be more than happy to answer any questions you may have in order to locate the ideal traveling nurse and/or permanent placement assignment for you.

How long are the assignments with Coastal?

Assignment lengths vary based on the needs of the facility. Typical travel contract assignments are for 13 weeks, approximately 3 months. However, assignments can vary from one to six months for Nurses, MDs, CRNAs and Allied Health professionals.

Note: Permanent placement normally requires at least a one-year commitment.

How can Coastal help with permanent placement?

You select the location and we do all the legwork! It’s that simple.

Our experienced and professional staff will work with our nationwide network of industry resources to connect you with a facility that meets your overall professional and desired personal needs.

What do I do if I have a colleague that would like to work with Coastal Healthcare?

Easy! Visit our Refer a Friend tab on this website. Put in your information and your referral’s information and a recruiter will reach out as soon as possible to discuss open travel needs. When your referral completes his/her assignment, you get a bonus. Call our great recruiters to learn more about how to refer friends and get more bonuses.

How do I get out-of-state licensure?

Contact the state where you wish to be licensed. Our staffing consultants can help with this process if you need it. For nursing, some states offer temporary licensure or walkthroughs (which can save valuable time).

Several states have formed a nurse licensure compact. This allows a nurse to practice in all the compact states under one nursing license. Please visit the www.ncsbn.org for more information on the licensure compact and a list of the states that participate.

If you are an advanced practice nurse, individual states requires a separate, advanced practice RN license.

How does working as a traveling nurse or other type of healthcare professional affect my taxes?

Working on travel gives you the benefit of a variety of tax deductions such as insurance premiums, travel expenses and meals, to name a few.  Always consult a trusted certified tax professional for more detailed inquiries.

How do I qualify for tax-free benefits?

You can claim housing or per diem provided by your employer tax-free, or you can pay the expenses up front and then deduct them on your tax return (save your receipts if you plan to deduct them on your tax return).  Our recruiters can give you resources for researching the IRS guidelines regarding these non-taxes reimbursements.

What about mileage and vehicle deductions?

You are allowed to deduct the mileage on your vehicle, as long as it is in excess of any payments from your employer. If you choose to receive mileage reimbursement tax-free from your employer, you are not allowed to deduct repairs and depreciation on your tax return.

Will I receive healthcare coverage?

Every person’s healthcare needs are different. Some need extensive coverage that extends to their family; some only need the most basic coverage. Whatever your healthcare coverage needs are, Coastal can assist you with them.  We offer group plans as well as other options for more flexibility in your healthcare coverage.

Can I contribute to a retirement fund?

Under certain circumstances, you can put away a substantial amount of pre-tax income into a retirement account, such as a SEP or ROTH IRA.

Can I receive travel and accommodation reimbursements for nationally placed assignments?

Travel reimbursement varies by facility. One of our representatives can help you with the details.

Get Expert Advice from Qualified Professionals

To learn more about healthcare benefits, contributing to retirement funds, qualifying for tax-free benefits as a traveler, mileage/vehicle deductions, etc., contact one of our qualified recruiters.

They’ll be happy to answer any questions you have and/or put you in touch with one of our expert tax and retirement advisors.

Take Your Career to the Next Level: We Make Applying Easy

Or if you have questions give us a call anytime at (866) 877-2762 (24/7/365)